Eduard 1/35 M1A1 AIM Abrams Detail Set First Look
|Date of Review||April 2007||Manufacturer||Eduard|
|Subject||M1A1 AIM Abrams Detail Set||Scale||1/35|
|Pros||Adds even more nice detailing to the best Abrams kit on the market - DML's M1A1 AIM||Cons|
|Skill Level||Intermediate||MSRP (USD)||$22.95|
Attention is paid on the inside details of the various hatches. In addition:
For whatever reason, many companies have tried to render an accurate model of the M1 Abrams, but few have even come close. It wasn't until DML took the subject on that we finally have a nice (and accurate) model of the US Army's main battle tank. Check out Cookie Sewell's review of the kit here.
Of course you know that Eduard won't stop at the level of fidelity of details that are rendered in styrene. The magic of photo-etch will really turn a great model into a very detailed scale replica.
This detail set is rendered on two frets of photo-etch and five panels of color instructions.
Among the nice additions that this kit provides:
- Driver's instrument panel with acetate instruments
- Upward exhaust ducts to allow infantry to work behind the tank
- Lots of replacement grab irons and pull handles
- Replacement guard for drive sprocket
- Nice mounting brackets for the smoke grenade launchers
- Photo-etched grilles for the rear engine deck
- Photo-etched screens for the bottom of the rear stowage basket
- Retainer straps for the rear stowage basket
- Photo-etched cable reel
- Nice details for the APU
- Nice details for the 50 caliber machine gun
The details in this set are small and will require patience, experience with photo-etch, and be made easier when used with good tools.
This set is definitely recommended!
My sincere thanks to Eduard for this review sample!