B-52 Stratofortress Standard Paint Scheme Color Profile and Paint Guide
Proudly Sponsored By
- The colors in the first columns are produced from digital measurements taken from published color standards and their calculated scale derivatives. For a list of the standards that we use, visit our Color Reference Section.
- The remaining columns identify colors from selected paint manufacturers that match the color in question.
- You'll note that some of the colors in the chart are not usually associated with the given color but are found to be digitally very close matches to these specific colors.
- Colors that are visually very close but are not an 'exact' match are marked with an apostrophe (').
- Colors that are not very close but identified by the manufacturer as 'matching' are marked with an asterisk (*).
- Colors with a white background have not yet been tested for match-up, entries based on manufacturer's data.
- The paint manufacturers use different formulas and foundations to create their respective paint lines. The key points in these tables:
- Akan - Acrylic - cleans with Windex
- Mr. Hobby (formerly Gunze Aqueous) - Acrylic (paint number starts with an Hxxx - cleans with Windex
- Mr. Color - Lacquer (paint number starts with an Cxxx) - cleans with lacquer thinner
- Floquil - Enamel - cleans with paint thinner
- Humbrol - Enamel - cleans with paint or lacquer thinner
- Pollyscale - Acrylic - cleans with Pollyscale thinner
- Tamiya - Acrylic - cleans with Windex
- Model Master - Enamel - cleans with paint thinner
- Model Master Acryl - Acrylic
- Vallejo - Acrylic - cleans with Windex
- Silver and Bare Metal colors can be selected here: Bare Metal Color Charts
- Cockpit color charts can be found here: Cockpit Color Charts